Monday, 10 April 2017

Incriminating Dating by Rebekah L. Purdy

I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.
Incriminating Dating
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Ayla Hawkins is ready to stand up for change in her high school. But winning the election for class president against popular Jenna Lee will be impossible without a miracle. When she stumbles upon Mr. Perfect Luke Pressler defacing public property and catches it on camera: cue miracle. Ayla’s got the dirt she needs to get Luke on Team Ayla—in the form of her new fake boyfriend.

One mistake. All Luke wanted was a night to goof off, to blow off steam. The pressure of maintaining the perfect facade when his reality was crumbling around him had become too much, and next thing he knew, he was pretending to date Ayla Hawkins. But his little blackmailer turns out to be kind. Honorable. Opinionated. And just the breath of fresh air he didn’t even realize he was suffocating for. But Luke and Ayla come from different worlds, and once the election is over, their fauxmance will be, too.



Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book features adult language, sexual situations, and plenty of girl power. Reading may result in swooning, laughing, and looking for a Luke of your own.


Incriminating Dating by Rebekah L. Purdy

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Incriminating Dating “This might be a fake relationship, but it was beginning to feel pretty real to me. The problem was, what would happen once the election was over?”


This was a YA contemporary romance, featuring a fake boyfriend/girlfriend situation.

I liked both Ayla and Luke in this story, and I liked how Ayla stood up for what she believed, in even when she looked silly doing it. I also thought that Luke was a real sweetheart to help Ayla the way he did, even when she was blackmailing him!

“I was falling for Ayla Hawkins, and I had no idea what to do about it.”


The storyline in this was about Ayla blackmailing Luke into being her pretend boyfriend to help her win a school election. I wasn’t sure about the book at first, but Ayla and Luke really grew on me, and I totally fell in love with them as a couple.

“His girl? Suddenly my legs got all rubbery beneath me. Why did the sound of that make me so happy?”


The ending to this was pretty good, and I was happy with the way things turned out.



7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment