Monday, 9 January 2017

Catch Me by Michelene Esposito

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free. Thanks to author Michelene Esposito.
Catch Me
Blurb (from Goodreads):
BECCA REESE is just trying to get through her senior year of high school and accepted into college before her Career at Carvel nightmare becomes a reality. She’s a shoe-in for a spot at one of the Ivies – at least that’s the general consensus for a Brainic like Becca. She tries not to stress it. After all, since her parents split-up two years ago (finally!) life isn’t bad. No one’s screaming at each other and slamming doors. Her brother Jack says the cutest things. Her Dad, STU, is always handing out the Guilt Dollars and, of course, there’s her mom, CLAIRE, and her comic-relief internet dating.

But then every (every!) one of the Ivy League schools she applied to rejects her and she’s stuck with her joke back-up school, Pitzer (Can you say Ultimate Frisbee Team? Go Stoners!), in (Yes, it gets worse.) Southern California.


Catch Me by Michelene Esposito

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Catch MeThis was a YA contemporary story about a girl in her senior year of high school.

Becca was an okay character, although she was maybe a little bit clueless at times.

The storyline in this was about Becca’s day-to-day life, we got a bit of dating, worries over getting into college, and problems with parents. I did find that the story lost my interest a bit though, especially in the middle.

The ending to this was okay, and was a bit more interesting than the earlier chapters.



6 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about Becca and her family. Catch Me is well written, especially the believable dialogue. It’s funny too, Esposito’s witty writing amused me throughout the book. I also found the “teenage girl perspective” interesting, as it is something I rarely come across in the books I usually read. The story is also believable and solid from start to finish. I highly recommend Catch me.

    ReplyDelete