Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Avenged (Vanished #2) by E.E. Cooper

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.
Avenged (Vanished, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Avenged is the conclusion to the Vanished duology, an absorbing, psychological suspense story about friendship, deception, jealousy, and love, perfect for fans of the Pretty Little Liars series and We Were Liars.

Everyone believes Beth’s death was an accident, except for Kalah. The girl she loved was stolen from her, and now Kalah’s broken heart wants revenge. In order to crack Brit’s perfect alibi, Kalah pretends to be Brit’s best friend—with the sole mission to destroy her.

Kalah knows that playing Brit’s game is deadly. One wrong move could cost someone her life, including her own…but the more lies Kalah tells, the closer she is to the twisted truth.


Avenged by E.E. Cooper

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Avenged (Vanished, #2) “I don’t worry about their feelings and instead focus on how they’re like a puzzle I need to solve to get what I want.”


This was an interesting sequel, and I was pleased with the way things ended.

Kalah had a rough time in this book, but continued to try and bring what really happened to light, even when it became clear that Brit had a plan for everything. I didn’t blame her for feeling a bit powerless though, when everything seemed to go the way Brit wanted it to.

“Brit was teaching me a lesson. Now I had to figure out how to teach her one.”


The storyline in this was about Kalah trying to find a way to get people to listen to her, and to investigate Beth’s death further, even when things started to spiral out of control, and Brit seemingly could do no wrong. The pace in this was a bit slow in places, but the ending did make up for that a bit. I wouldn’t say this was as good as the first book in the series though.



7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment