Monday, 5 September 2016

The Funnyman by Sophia Whittemore

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Sophia Whittemore.
The Funnyman
Blurb (from Goodreads):
It isn't a laughing matter when Diana starts to see things in the mist which other people don’t: monsters, gods, and deadly shadows. Yet now she sees another thing, the world of the Impetus, a reality where humans are enslaved and the once-beautiful gods are actually tyrants. Diana must find a way to escape before the exiled king Fear, a vengeful murderer, hunts Diana down to get back something she's stolen from him. But will her growing feelings for the Prince Isak, the oddly sullen god of comedy, draw her into an all-out war?

The Funnyman by Sophia Whittemore

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars


The Funnyman “I should have paid more attention to those visions, those signs.
Maybe then I would have been prepared when they came for me.”


This was a YA fantasy story that I unfortunately found quite confusing.

The characters in this were okay, but I found it difficult to relate to them or really like them. I’m not sure why that was but I found it really hard to care what happened to them at all.

The storyline in this started out being about the main character, Diana, stealing a necklace from her mother, which as it turned out wasn’t a normal necklace, and somehow ending up in a fantasy land where humans were taken to use as slaves. She met a prince then who didn’t want to be a king, who had known her mother previously, and Diana wasn’t sure if she should like him or not in case he had previously liked her mother. That’s pretty much all I managed to work out though as the storyline didn’t really hold my interest, and I struggled to follow what was going on.
Overall; not for me.



5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment