Sunday, 18 September 2016

If I Should Dream Before I Wake by Brittany Mershon

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Brittany Mershon.
If I Should Dream Before I Wake
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Ever wonder what happens if you die in one of your dreams? Tessa never thought much about her death or her dreams until the night she managed to escape from the mysterious fire that killed her parents. Desperately seeking the truth about what happened that night, Tessa discovers she is revisiting the tragedy every night in her dreams. What she doesn’t realize is that a handsome stranger has his eye on her each time she watches her lake house burn.
When the stranger, a dark, imposing youth, approaches her with a fantastic story about an ancient evil that has overtaken the world of dreams and the phoenix that was born to defeat it, Tessa must wrestle with the weight of destiny and her own graceless self-doubt to find the truth about what is real and what might be nothing more than the inventions of her own mind. Even more terrifying is her struggle to do it all while also trying to navigate her grief, strange new friends, an unrequited crush, a popular younger sister, and Ms. Templeton’s stupid Mythology class. Throughout her journey, Tessa discovers the healing, empowering power of love and friendship, and the unwieldy magic inherent in making a commitment to something much bigger than herself.

If I Should Dream Before I Wake by Brittany Mershon

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


If I Should Dream Before I Wake “I’m trying to keep you safe, but you make it impossible!”


This was a YA paranormal romance/fantasy story, featuring a dream world.

Tessa was an okay character, although she was sometimes a little impulsive, and Rave sometimes came across as a bit of a sap when it came to Tessa.

The storyline in this was about Tessa repeatedly dreaming about the night that her parents died, and then meeting Rave in one of her dreams and realising that he was real, and that something weird was going on. We then got a bit more backstory, and a battle between good and evil, as well as a blossoming romance between Tessa and Rave. I did get a bit bogged down in information at a couple of points though, and something happened that was a little too convenient for me, which dropped the rating a bit.

The ending to this was okay, and things were tied up quite nicely, with there still being room for a sequel though.



6.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment