Thursday, 28 July 2016

Songs About a Girl (Songs About a Girl #1) by Chris Russell

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Group and NetGalley.
Songs About a Girl
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Charlie Bloom never wanted to be 'with the band'. She's happiest out of the spotlight, behind her camera, unseen and unnoticed. But when she's asked to take backstage photos for hot new boy band Fire&Lights, she can't pass up the chance.

Catapulted into a world of paparazzi and backstage bickering, Charlie soon becomes caught between gorgeous but damaged frontman, Gabriel West, and his boy-next-door bandmate Olly Samson. Then, as the boys' rivalry threatens to tear the band apart, Charlie stumbles upon a mind-blowing secret, hidden in the lyrics of their songs..


Songs About a Girl by Chris Russell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Songs About a Girl “I knew this was impossible, and completely crazy – but somehow… the song was about me.”


This was a YA contemporary story about a girl and a boy band.

Charlie was an okay character, and she did come across as fairly normal. I felt quite sorry for her when she was getting bullied, and the way things got out of control because of a single photograph, but I also thought her idea about the song lyrics being about her was a little far-fetched.

The storyline in this was about Charlie being invited to take some photos of the band backstage, and her getting to know Gabriel a little better. I actually expected there to be more of a love triangle in this book from the description, and for me there wasn’t much made of the love triangle at all, in fact I really wanted there to be more romance than there was.

The ending to this wasn’t much of an ending so much as a cliff-hanger which I wasn’t expecting.



6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment