Thursday, 14 July 2016

13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Orion Publishing Group and NetGalley.
13 Minutes
Blurb (from Goodreads):
I was dead for 13 minutes.

I don't remember how I ended up in the icy water but I do know this - it wasn't an accident and I wasn't suicidal.

They say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but when you're a teenage girl, it's hard to tell them apart. My friends love me, I'm sure of it. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to kill me. Does it?
 

13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


13 Minutes “I wish she’d died.”


This was a YA mystery story, featuring a girl who’d been dead for 13 minutes, and then revived.

We had several important characters in this book, not least of all Natasha who was dragged from a river and dead for 13 minutes. It was quiet easy to feel sorry for Natasha, especially when it seemed like her friends might have been trying to kill her. Becca was quite a smart character, and didn’t give up when things looked like they were solved, and Hayley and Jenny came across as pretty sneaky, and malicious.

The storyline in this was about Becca and the police trying to figure out what had happened for Natasha to have ended up dead, and the plotline coming out that Hayley and Jenny might have had something to do with it. We did get a couple of twists thrown in though, which totally changed things, and other than the slow pace, this was an enjoyable read.

The ending to this was pretty good, and it did seem like justice was served.



6.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment