Saturday, 9 April 2016

Read Me Like A Book by Liz Kessler

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Group and NetGalley.
Read Me Like A Book
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Ashleigh Walker is in love. You know the feeling - that intense, heart-racing, all-consuming emotion that can only come with first love. It's enough to stop her worrying about bad grades at college. Enough to distract her from her parents' marriage troubles. There's just one thing bothering her . . .

Shouldn't it be her boyfriend, Dylan, who makes her feel this way - not Miss Murray, her English teacher?

A thought-provoking coming out story from a highly skilled author.


  Read Me Like A Book by Liz Kessler

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Read Me Like A Book “I want to kiss her neck. I don’t know if I can stop myself.”




This was a YA coming of age story, about a girl who discovers that she likes girls more than boys.

Ash was quite a mixed up character, she didn’t really know what she wanted, and got sucked up in other people’s plans and ideas, even if she didn’t really want to do what they wanted to do.

The storyline in this was about Ash having a boyfriend for the first time, and preferring her female English teacher to him. We got a pregnancy scare and some shoplifting, but to be honest this book didn’t hold my attention very well at all, and I did get a bit fed-up of it.

The ending to this was okay, and I was pleased that Ash finally got a backbone and stood up and admitted who she was and who she liked.



6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment