Sunday, 17 April 2016

My Kind of Crazy by Robin Reul

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Fire and NetGalley.
My Kind of Crazy
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Despite the best of intentions, seventeen-year old, wisecracking Hank Kirby can’t quite seem to catch a break. It’s not that he means to screw things up all the time, it just happens. A lot. Case in point: his attempt to ask out the girl he likes literally goes up in flames when he spells “Prom” in sparklers on her lawn…and nearly burns down her house.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, Peyton Breedlove, a brooding loner and budding pyromaniac, witnesses the whole thing. Much to Hank’s dismay, Peyton takes an interest in him—and his “work.” The two are thrust into an unusual friendship, but their boundaries are tested when Hank learns that Peyton is hiding some dark secrets, secrets that may change everything he thought he knew about Peyton.


My Kind of Crazy by Robin Reul

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


My Kind of Crazy “I’d read online that how you ask a girl to prom can completely make or break a guy’s chances. I wanted to do something special that Amanda would never forget. Apparently it worked, just not the way I intended.”




This was a YA contemporary story about a boy who accidentally set fire to a tree whilst trying to ask a girl to prom.

The characters in this were alright, but I didn’t really love any of them. Hank didn’t seem to think much about his future other than working at a supermarket, and Peyton came across as a little odd at times. I also wasn’t sure how believable a lot of her stories were.

The storyline in this was about Hank accidentally setting fire to a tree whilst trying to ask a girl called Amanda to prom, and instead meeting Peyton and falling for her a little bit. We also had another guy called Nick, who was also interested in Peyton, and a storyline involving Hank’s father and his drinking problem.

The ending to this was fairly happy, although the future was still a bit undecided.



6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment