Friday, 1 April 2016

Faithless: A Tainted Love Novel (Faithless #1-3) by K.B. Nelson

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author K.B. Nelson and NetGalley.
Faithless: A Tainted Love Novel
Blurb (from Goodreads):
She's a stripper. He's a preacher. Her name's Faith, and he's been faithless since the day she went away.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t know it’d end like this.
From the beginning, it could only go one way, and straight to hell it did.
My past reads like a film stuck on repeat; fall in in love, get heart broke, and then run.

And run I did.
Straight back to that place I swore I’d never return.
Straight back to that place where my broken heart lies buried deep within one man's chest.

Noah Parker was my first love. He was my only love.
The only boy who could ever make me feel alive.
The only boy who ever truly broke my heart.
The only boy who could possibly save me from myself.

But Noah isn’t a boy anymore . . .

Author's Note - Faithless is a full-length standalone, second chance dark romance with no cliffhanger. It is intended for mature audiences only due to sexual content and thematic elements that some readers may object to.


  Faithless: A Tainted Love Novel by K.B. Nelson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Faithless: A Tainted Love Novel “Why won’t you tell me where Luke is?”


This wasn’t a bad story, but it wasn’t quite what I was expecting either.

I didn’t really like the characters in this, they all seemed broken and it made them really difficult to relate to. I think if we’d known more about where they were coming from earlier on it might have helped, but I just couldn’t connect with them as it was.

Maybe I was wrong for thinking that this was a contemporary romance, because there was a heck of a lot of other stuff going on in here, and it didn’t really interest me. We got the story hoping back and forth between the present and the past, and I just wanted an answer as to what was going on, and we didn’t really get that. The romance was also in the form of a bit of a messed up love triangle, and I think I’d have appreciated that more if the story had been about the romance, and not about all the other stuff that had happened to the characters.

The ending to this was a bit weird, and I wasn’t expecting the semi-paranormal moment we got towards the end.



6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment