Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Dreamology by Lucy Keatin

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.
Dreamology
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Vibrantly offbeat and utterly original, Lucy Keating’s debut novel combines the unconventional romance of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with the sweetness and heart of Jenny Han.

For as long as Alice can remember, she has dreamed of Max. Together, they have traveled the world and fallen deliriously, hopelessly in love. Max is the boy of her dreams—and only her dreams. Because he doesn’t exist.

But when Alice walks into class on her first day at a new school, there he is. Real Max is nothing like Dream Max. He’s stubborn and complicated. And he has a whole life Alice isn’t a part of. Getting to know each other in reality isn’t as perfect as Alice always hoped.

Alarmingly, when their dreams start to bleed into their waking hours, the pair realize that they might have to put an end to a lifetime of dreaming about each other. But when you fall in love in your dreams, can reality ever be enough?


  Dreamology by Lucy Keating

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars



Dreamology “Standing in the doorway of the classroom, looking directly at me, is Max.
My Max.
My Max of my dreams.”




This was a bit of a weird story, and I didn’t really enjoy it.

Alice just whined way too much for me, from Max not recognising her, to her name being dull, it just seemed like she never stopped moaning! She came across as quite immature, and she just irritated me.

The storyline in this was about Alice trying to work out why she dreamed of Max, and trying to get him to like her more than his girlfriend, and I just didn’t appreciate it. It looks like I’m in the minority, but this book just didn’t do it for me, and I lost interest pretty early on unfortunately. The storyline with Max and Alice also irritated me as he had a girlfriend!

The ending to this was happy enough, but again, I didn’t really enjoy this book.



5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment