Friday, 4 March 2016

You Were Here by Cori McCarthy

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Fire and NetGalley.
You Were Here
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Grief turned Jaycee into a daredevil, but can she dare to deal with her past?

On the anniversary of her dardevil brother's death, Jaycee attempts to break into Jake's favorite hideout—the petrifying ruins of an insane asylum. Joined by four classmates, each with their own brand of disfunction, Jaycee discovers a map detailing her brother's exploration and the unfinished dares he left behind.

As a tribute to Jake, Jaycee vows to complete the dares, no matter how terrifying or dangerous. What she doesn't bargain on is her eccentric band of friends who challenge her to do the unthinkable: reveal the parts of herself that she buried with her brother.



You Were Here by Cori McCarthy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




You Were Here “My mom hated this board. She said he’d break his neck.” Her voice was eerily smooth. Isn’t that funny?”
“I’m not laughing.”




This book was a bit of a disappointment for me.

The characters in this were okay, but I didn’t really like any of them. I didn’t get why Jaycee wanted to recreate her brother’s dares, especially the one that killed him, and the other characters were just generally difficult to get a feeling for.

The storyline in this was about Jaycee going to places where her brother had previously done dares, but the pace was just so slow, and I got pretty bored.
There was a bit of romance, and Mik was probably the character that I appreciated the most out of all of them.

The ending to this was okay, but in general I didn’t really enjoy this book.



6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment