Thursday, 24 March 2016

Flawed (Flawed #1) by Cecelia Ahern

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins UK, Children's and NetGalley.
Flawed
Blurb (from Goodreads): 
The stunning YA debut from internationally bestselling author Cecelia Ahern.

Celestine North lives a perfect life. She’s a model daughter and sister, she’s well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she’s dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan.

But then Celestine encounters a situation in which she makes an instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found FLAWED.

In this stunning novel, bestselling author Cecelia Ahern depicts a society in which perfection is paramount and mistakes are punished. And where one young woman decides to take a stand that could cost her everything.


Flawed by Cecelia Ahern

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Flawed “I bite my lip as the tears stream. I think of little Ewan, how scared he would be, how I have bought such danger to my family.”




This was an enjoyable YA dystopian story, about a society in which people were branded as ‘flawed’ if they did something wrong.

I liked Celestine, although she really needed to think more before acting. Even though the things she did were morally right, she got herself into a whole lot of trouble, and still kept getting into more and more trouble as the book went along.

The storyline in this was pretty good, although it did remind me of other books that I had read in places. I thought the idea of branding people as ‘flawed’ was interesting, but the system did seem a little open to interpretation, which is kind-of what was happening in the story anyway.
There was a little tiny smidge of romance in this, but nothing major.

The ending to this was okay, although we were left with a bit of a cliff-hanger.



7.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment