Thursday, 31 March 2016

Dark Energy by Robison Wells

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.
Dark Energy
Blurb (from Goodreads):
WE ARE NOT ALONE

Five days ago, a massive UFO crashed in the Midwest, killing thousands of people. Since then, nothing–or no one–has come out.

THEY HAVE ARRIVED

If it were up to Alive, she’d be watching all of this on the news from Miami, Florida. Instead, she’s the newest student at a boarding school not far from the crash site–because her dad is the director of special projects for NASA, and if anything’s a special project, it’s this.

AND THERE’S NO GOING BACK

A shell-shocked country is waiting, glued to televisions and computer screens, for a sign of what the future holds. But when the aliens emerge, they’re nothing like what Alice expected. And only one thing is clear: Nothing will ever be the same again.


Dark Energy by Robison Wells

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Dark Energy “So you’re inviting me and my friends to go inside the ship?”




This was a YA sci-fi story involving aliens, but I found it a bit unbelievable.

I didn’t like the main character in this book, as she annoyed me a bit. I don’t know what it was, but she was just irritating to me.

The storyline in this was about alien’s crash landing, and NASA trying to discover who they were and what they wanted etc. I found it pretty unbelievable that within a matter of days the aliens would have joined the school as students though, and that NASA would use high-school students to photograph the inside of the alien’s spaceship! Unfortunately this just wasn’t my cup-of-tea, and I didn’t really enjoy it.

The ending to this was likewise a little unbelievable, but I was just pleased to have finished.



6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment