Thursday, 25 February 2016

Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Jessica Hawkins, and NetGalley.
Slip of the Tongue
Blurb (From Goodreads):
Sadie Hunt isn’t perfect—but her husband is. Nathan Hunt has her coffee waiting every morning. He holds her hand until the last second. He worships the Manhattan sidewalk she walks on. Until one day, he just…stops. And Sadie finds herself in the last place she ever expected to be. Lonely in her marriage.

When rugged and sexy Finn Cohen moves into the apartment across the hall, he and Sadie share an immediate spark. Finn reveals dreams for a different life. Sadie wants to save her marriage. Their secrets should keep them apart, not ignite a blistering affair. But while Sadie’s marriage runs colder by the day, she and Finn burn hotter.

Her husband doesn’t want her anymore.
The man next door would give up everything to have her.


 

Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars



Slip of the Tongue “I want to kiss you,” he says without missing a beat. “I won’t, but I thought you should know.”




This was the sort of book which was a little too naughty to read in the same room as my mother, but at the same time it was way too good to put down!

I liked both Sadie and Finn, and they worked really well together. I totally got Sadie’s confusion over what was going on with her husband, and her needing to be comforted, even if it was by another man.

“Nathan’s as vital to me as my own heart, as the blood in my veins. If he’s planning to leave me for another woman, he might as well slice me open and leave me to bleed out.”


The storyline in this was pretty good, even though it involved cheating. Sadie and Finn worked well together, and the question over what was going on with Sadie’s husband, and the fact that she thought her marriage was over really pushed her into Finn’s arms.
The romance between Sadie and Finn was pretty explosive, and the sex scenes were really hot!

“My body gives me away from raw voice to quivering thighs. Finn’s effect is immediate. Undeniable. There’s no use trying to hide it.”


The ending to this wasn’t quite what I expected, and I would have liked for things to have ended slightly differently. Overall this was a really enjoyable book though, and I will definitely be checking out this author’s other books.


9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment