Sunday, 3 January 2016

The Fragile Fall (Undone #1) by Kristy Love

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Kristy Love and NetGalley.
The Fragile Fall (Undone #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
I’ve destroyed everything in my life and now I’m left with nothing.

Alone and scared.
Broken and shattered.
But I’ve found a way to deal with it.
Instead of all the pain being on the inside, I make the outside ache too. Anything to make it easier to breathe.
Until one beautiful morning when I look outside and see her.

She tries to help me…
But I’m lost.

And I’m not sure I can ever be found.

* * *

His gentle eyes watch me from behind the window, the boy shrouded in mystery. I wasn't expecting what happened when our worlds collided.

His storm to my calm.
His dark to my light.

I try to hold everything together. To put his life, and mine, back together.

But everything falls apart. My family. Him. Me.

And I'm trying to pick up the pieces.


  The Fragile Fall by Kristy Love

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Fragile Fall (Undone #1) “God was punishing me for being a bad son.”




This was an okay YA contemporary romance, although it was a little predictable.

Will had obviously lived through a traumatic experience, and when the full truth was revealed it was easy to see why he blamed himself for his parent’s deaths. That being said, I didn’t connect very well with these characters at all really, and I didn’t feel enough for them to be bothered when things went wrong.

The storyline in this was about Will’s new life after his parent’s deaths, and the next door neighbours Jax and Ryanne who try to pull him out of his shell. We got a romance happening between Will and Ryanne, and Jax played the role of protective younger brother. We did get a bit of a storyline about Ryanne and Jax’s mother, and we also got a self-harm storyline.

The ending to this was okay, and things seemed to be wrapped up satisfactorily enough.



6 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year
    Is it a YA book? the cover makes it look like an adult book.
    Good review

    Ruty @Reading…Dreaming

    ReplyDelete