Thursday, 10 December 2015

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress #2) by Jeaniene Frost

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
You can run from the grave, but you can’t hide…

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She’s still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she’ll find that desire lasts forever…and Bones won’t let her get away again. Original.



One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, # 2)I was looking for something non-boring to read, and decided that since I loved this the first time I read it, I’d read it again. That being said, I didn’t like it quite so much the second time around, but the ending did save it a bit for me.

Cat came across as a little naïve in this book, although she did improve as the book went on. So many people seemed to get the drop on her though, even if she did get them back eventually, that I wondered how she stayed alive on her own for so long!

The storyline in this was about Bones and Cat’s relationship, as well as she vampire politics, and Cat’s job as the red reaper. I did find this a bit slow in places, but it did improve towards the end, and I liked the action at the end too.
There was quite a steamy sex scene in this one, although there was lots of biting involved.

The ending to this was alright, and it will be interesting to see what book 3 is like.



6.5 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. I need to check. I might have read the first books. The characters sound familiar. This one sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete