Monday, 23 November 2015

Castle of Sighs (Forest of Whispers #2) by Jennifer Murgia

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Spencer Hill Press and NetGalley.
Castle of Sighs (Forest of Whispers #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
"Despite my bloodline, I will always be the one the others watch carefully. I will always be a witch. And I feel such a stain will never wash away."

Free from her dead mother’s vengeance, fledgling witch, Rune, finds her new life is as haunted as her past when she uncovers horrifying secrets about the dark forest she once called home, and the boy she thought she knew.
 

Castle of Sighs by Jennifer Murgia

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Castle of Sighs (Forest of Whispers #2) “I couldn’t understand her because when she opened her mouth she didn’t have a tongue.”

This was a bit of an odd story, and I’m not sure I really understood all of it.

Rune was an okay character in this story, and it was admirable the way she cared for children who weren’t her own, I just didn’t get the same feel for her as I had in book 1 though.

The storyline in this was a bit strange, and we had one part of the story which followed Matilde when she was younger, as well as 2 parts following Rune. There were some odd things happening in this book though, especially concerning human bones!

The ending to this was okay, although I’m still not sure I really understood everything that happened in this book.



6.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment