Monday, 5 October 2015

Antidote (Antidote, #1) by Taylor Hondos

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Booktrope and NetGalley.
Antidote (Antidote, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Life sucks, and then you rot. No one knows how Dermadecatis is contracted, but its existence has changed everything for 18-year-old Lena, in this riveting debut from Taylor Hondos.

No contact with other people.

Masks must be worn in public at all times.

Four months ago men, women and children alike began to rot from the inside out, and the world as we know it changed forever. Life goes on, but now everything revolves around the need to survive and find a cure for Dermadecatis, the disease that Lena Alona's father discovered.

Unfortunately for Lena and everyone else who is desperate to survive, her father's secrets died when he did.


Antidote by Taylor Hondos

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Antidote (Antidote, #1)
“I gently scrubbed and felt a pinch of pain as my skin began peeling from my arm.”



This was quite a slow story, about a deadly contagious disease that rotted people from the inside out.

Lena had a rough time of it in this book, with the deaths of both her parents, and no other family, she was quite alone.

The storyline in this was okay, although I found the ‘freeze gun’ a little unbelievable. The descriptions of the disease and what it did weren’t nice, and the pace was a little slow for me.
There was some romance, but I have to say that I find the idea of kissing someone who is rotting from the inside out and vomiting black blood a little sickening.

The ending to this was just a cliff-hanger. Don’t think I’ll be rushing to read a sequel though.



6 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. Ewww. That pic gave me the shivers. Don't think I will be racing to read this one. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete