Saturday, 22 August 2015

The Kuthun (The Kuthun #1) by S.A. Carter

The Kuthun
Blurb (from Goodreads):
EVERY BLOODLINE MUST HAVE A FIRST

When Elena is given a kuthun on the morning of her
birthday she is unaware of the ancient magic
it wields.
Tormented by dreams and haunted by a curse that has
plagued her family of witches for centuries, she
must uncover the buried secrets that hold the key to
her destiny.
What she discovers will change the future, and Elena
will have to face the demons of her past if she is
to survive.

Is she willing to make the ultimate sacrifice?


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Kuthun(Source: Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk.)

“You possess your blood, Isis, you possess your power, Isis, you possess your magic, Isis.”



This wasn’t terrible, but I did struggle to get through it.

I just couldn’t connect with Elena at all, and at times she seemed like she cared more about her dog than anything else in the world, including her own life.



The storyline in this just couldn’t hold my attention, and whether this was just wrong person, wrong book, (which it might very well have been) I don’t know, but I just wasn’t entertained.

The ending to this was okay, but I could tell that there would be further books in this series.



5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment