Thursday, 6 August 2015

The Escape by Hannah Jayne

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Fire and NetGalley.

The Escape
Blurb (from Goodreads):
When two boys walk into the woods, and one comes out covered in blood, what would you believe?
Fletcher and Adam venture into the woods for an afternoon hike, but when day turns into night and neither boy returns, their town is thrown into turmoil. Avery, the detective's daughter, is the one to find Fletcher—dishelved, disoriented, and covered in blood. He has no memory of what happened, but Avery can't shake the feeling that something's off. When Adam's body is finally found, Avery is determined to uncover the truth. But if she stands by her gut, and Fletcher, is she standing by a friend, or a murderer? The answer might cost her her life.

The Escape by Hannah Jayne

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


The Escape(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Fire and NetGalley.)

“’I’m going to die’.
The thought came to him with a sickening dread.
‘I don’t want to die.’”




This was a pretty good murder/mystery story, and I think the best book I have read by this author.

I felt quite sorry for Fletcher in this book, he had obviously been through something really traumatic, and was lucky to be alive, and to not know what happened to him on top of all that was awful.

“They went hiking this morning and haven’t come back yet.”



Avery was so intent on helping Fletcher and trying to work out who the killer was, and she really cared about the threat to her community with the killer on the loose.

“I was walking out in the forest while a killer and a dead body were out there. The killer could have seen me.”



The storyline in this was about Fletcher and Avery trying to work out who the killer was, and exactly what happened that night in the woods. I quite liked the mystery aspect of the book, and I didn’t guess who the killer was!
There wasn’t really any romance in this book, but that wasn’t a bad thing.

“Is it true? Do serial killers have a type?”



The ending to this was pretty good, and I didn’t guess the twist or the killer!



7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment