Friday, 21 August 2015

The Beginning of Never (The Never Trilogy #1) by O.E. Boroni

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author O.E. Boroni, and her publicist Paula Micahella.
The Beginning of Never
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Twilight meets Eleanor and Park in this contemporary romance story about a love that insists on forever.

When Lenora Baker and Nathan Roqué run into each other in their boarding school courtyard, they have no idea that they are about to begin a journey that will take them the rest of their lives to recover from. Both scarred from parents who were once in love but ended up destroying each other, they are sworn off the possibility that there can truly exist a love that will never end.

But when with each other they find a passion so strong that it heals as powerfully as it burns, a love that will run out is no longer an option for them. Together, they discover just how far they are willing to go to preserve what they know they will only find once in their lifetime.

This is the start of their journey, and here you will come to realize, that falling in love is only the first part of the story...


The Beginning of Never by O.E. Boroni

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Beginning of Never

"As I suspected, it was a trap door. And it was also time for me to leave, but I wasn't going to. My curiosity wasn't going to let me."



There wasn’t anything awful about this book, but I did have a couple of issues with it.

Lenora was a character that made me shake my head. She just didn’t seem to really consider the situation she found herself in, and instead made rash, very unadvisable decisions, which generally just landed her in hot water. I couldn’t quite believe how violent she was at points, just randomly hitting people! And just wandering into places where you know you’re not supposed to be! Being rude to people just because you feel like it? So not a good idea!

"Before I realised what I was doing, I had risen to my feet and was swinging the black tray towards him. It hit the edge of his shoulder with a resounding smack, and let out a terrifying cracking sound."



The storyline in this was okay, but I felt like the pace was too slow, and it seemed like all that was happening with Lenora being rude or violent. Then we got a bit of romance, and Lenore seemed at times clueless, and at other times like she liked the boy back, and it just didn’t really do it for me unfortunately.

"As he softly stroked my cheek with the back of his fingers, I saw the complete admiration for me that shone in his eyes; I threw myself back into his arms."



The ending was then another let down, because it didn’t feel like an ending at all, it just stopped leaving us with a cliff-hanger, and even that was a tad dull.






5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment