Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Ethan's Secret by Patrick Hodges

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Patrick Hodges.
Ethan's Secret
Blurb (from Goodreads):
 Kelsey Callahan is smart, tough and fiercely loyal to her friends. She wants nothing more than to follow in her father's footsteps, and be a detective just like her hero, Sherlock Holmes.

A lover of mysteries, she finally gets the chance to solve something on her own when Ethan, a cute but mysterious loner appears in her class. Both fascinated and infatuated with him, Kelsey soon learns there are events at play in Ethan's life that are both tragic and dangerous. Events that, the deeper she digs, may end up threatening not only their relationship but their very lives.


Ethan's Secret by Patrick Hodges

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Ethan's Secret

“Did you meet anyone today?”
“Not really,” I said, which was the truth. But at that moment, all I could picture was the face of the girl with the freckles.




This was quite a cute middle-grade contemporary romance, with a touch of romance and mystery.

I liked Kelsey and Ethan, and I thought they made a really cute couple! I liked how Kelsey tried to help her friends, even when she had no idea what was going on, and Ethan seemed really sweet.

The romance in this was quite cute, and there was a bit of mystery and danger thrown in too. My favourite part was the romance really though.

I liked that this book had a happy ending, and I also liked the epilogue which told us a little about what happened to all the characters in the two books, quite a way down the line! I think anyone who liked Joshua’s Island will enjoy this book too.



6 out of 10.


1 comment: