Sunday, 5 July 2015

The Corridor (The Corridor Series #1) by A.N. Willis

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Alloy Entertainment and NetGalley.
The Corridor (The Corridor Series, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Infinite worlds. Endless possibilities . . .

Stel Alaster has never known life without the Corridor. It appeared suddenly seventeen years ago, the only portal to a parallel version of our world—Second Earth. Everyone on First Earth fears Mods, the genetically modified Second Earthers who built the Corridor. They are too smart, too strong, and have powers that can’t be controlled. Any Mod found on First Earth is branded, then detained in the Corridor’s research labs.

Only Stel has a dangerous secret. She has a power, too: She can open a portal to Second Earth . . . and several other parallel universes she’s discovered. If anyone ever finds out, she’ll be imprisoned, no better than a Mod or common lab rat.

But when the Corridor starts to fail, emitting erratic bursts of energy that could destroy First Earth, Stel must risk everything to save the people and world she loves. With the help of an escaped Mod and an infuriatingly arrogant boy from a third universe, Stel sets out to unravel the mysteries of the Corridor and stabilize it before it’s too late. The fate of every world lies in the balance. . . .


The Corridor by A.N. Willis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Corridor (The Corridor Series, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Alloy Entertainment and NetGalley.)

“Light kindled inside the portal, sparking like a fire. Electricity cracked in the air.
My dark brown hair rose from my head and stood on edge. My body subtly vibrated, teeth chattered and ears rang with the noise.
Then my entire world ignited.”




This was an interesting YA sci-fi story about a girl who could open portals to parallel universes.

Stel had a real problem in this book, being able to open portals to other universes was a difficult talent to hide, and trying to work to what to do for the best was also quite difficult. I did think she did well to try and use her talent for good, but other people didn’t make things easy for her.

“I squeezed my eyes shut, positive I was hallucinating. Whatever the Corridor had done to me – it scrambled my brain.”



The storyline in this was about Stel trying to work out how many other parallel worlds there were, and also trying to find out if what the techs on her Earth had planned was likely to cause a catastrophe the way it had on Second Earth (the only other dimension that people on Stel’s / First Earth knew about). I thought Stel did a good job of trying to help when she could, and also of using what she could do to her advantage.

“It was getting easier to control the power ith every port, but each time was such a risk.”



There was a bit of romance in this, but it wasn’t the main focus of the story. Stel and Cohl were quite cute together though.

“I pushed my mouth into his, cutting off the words. I brought my hands up to his face and kissed him,”



The ending to this was a bit of a cliff-hanger. It will be interesting to see where the story goes from here.



6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment