Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) by Holly Smale

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.

Blurb (From Goodreads):
“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek.” Harriet knows that modelling won’t transform you. She knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn’t necessarily a bad thing (even in a rainforest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this. What Harriet doesn’t know is where she’s going to fit in once the new baby arrives. With summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get as far away from home as possible. But nothing can prepare Harriet for the craziness of Tokyo, her competitive model flatmates and her errant grandmother’s ‘chaperoning’. Or seeing gorgeous Nick everywhere she goes. Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like. Can geek girl find her place on the other side of the world or is Harriet lost for good?


Model Misfit by Holly Smale

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Model Misfit (Geek Girl, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.)

“This is my big adventure. I have travelled 6,000 miles and fifteen years to get here. I came to Japan to have the best summer of my life, and I am going to have it.
And no boy is going to ruin it for me.”




This was an enjoyable story, and Harriet did a really good job of messing up time and time again!

Harriet really did mess up in this story, to the point where I wondered how she managed it! It seemed like no matter what the situation, Harriet managed to ruin it spectacularly, and I wasn’t surprised that people got annoyed with her.

“Before you say it, no.
There is nothing weird about hiding in a cupboard. C.S. Lewis based an entire series of books on the premise that this is what normal people do on a regular basis.”




The storyline in this revolved around Harriet going to Japan for modelling, and having some disastrous shoots while she was there, ruining multiple dresses, and even angering an octopus!

“Harriet Manners, are you studying maths in the middle of my fashion shoot?”



There was some romance, and Harriet did a good job of misinterpreting things, as well as having some awkward encounters with her ex-boyfriend Nick.

“LOVE = nearly ruining your exams because all you’re thinking about is him.”



The ending to this was really sweet with the arrival of Harriet’s brand-new baby sister. So cute!
6.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment