Saturday, 18 July 2015

Down The Wormhole (Wormhole Stories #1) by Ana Franco

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Ana Franco.


Blurb (from Goodreads):
In a city there is a tiny lane that seperates two orphanages - one for boys and one for girls. Inside live two very special groups of teenagers. These teenagers carry a secret and leave it tucked safely away in their mysterious lives.

Then one day, a girl named Kitty arrives. No last name, just Kitty.

Before Kitty has time to be astonished by the teenagers' real identitites, she is whisked into a magical realm that slowly unfolds her own. She must come to terms with her true place in the world while she can, because time is ticking and there are secrets in the wormhole.

Travel with Kitty and her new friends Down The Wormhole into a mysterious world of magic, mythology, and mayhem.
 

Down The Wormhole by Ana Franco

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Down The Wormhole (Wormhole Stories #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Ana Franco.)

“Down the wormhole it is.”



This was a bit of a strange story, and I had a bit of a hard time working out what was going on.

I had a hard time keeping up with the characters in this book, because there seemed to be quite a few of them, and they all seemed to have two names; their ‘god’ name like Aphrodite, and then their everyday name like Anna.

The storyline in this really confused me. There was something going on in one world, and then we switched to something that was supposed to be set in our world, but then we had all these Greek? Gods turning up? I didn’t quite understand how something could be set in our world, but then feature a girl with snakes for hair and eyes that turned people to stone. I hoped that the story would become clearer as it went along, but it just didn’t, and I felt confused most of the way through.

There was a bit of romance, and questions over an unplanned pregnancy.

The ending to this as just as confusing as the rest of the book. I feel like I might understand this a bit more if I read it a second time, but I really can’t read it a second time right away.
6 out of 10


1 comment:

  1. I have trouble keeping up when there are lots of characters especially if they are all thrown in at one time.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete