Sunday, 12 July 2015

City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read to review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley.
City of Fae
Blurb (from Goodreads):
From the moment Alina touches London's hottest fae superstar, breaking one of the laws founded to protect all of her kind, her fate – and the fae – close in.

Below ground, the fae High Queen plots to claim the city as her own and places her pawns, ready for the battle to come. A battle she cannot lose, but for one small problem – Alina. There are four ancient keepers powerful enough to keep the queen in her prison. Three are dead. One remains … And to fight back, Alina risks sacrificing everything she has come to love.

This New Adult urban fantasy is packed with action and suspense and will have you yearning for more forbidden fae romance.


City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



City of Fae(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read to review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley.)

“Look, but don’t touch. Touch but don’t feel. Feel, but don’t love.”

Is anyone else confused by the above quote?



I don’t know what it was about this book, but I just didn’t like it.


I didn’t like Alina, and I thought she was just an idiot at times. She’s been told forever not to touch the fae, and she just kept right on doing it, and then moaning when they stole her life-force! What did she freaking expect?! The rule is there for a reason!


“The Trinity Law was very clear when dealing with the fae. Look, but don’t touch was the first level of protection.”

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

The storyline in this just didn’t suck me in, and I really did not give a toss what happened to the characters. The only thing of note in this book is that there were lots and lots of SPIDERS! And I HATE SPIDERS!


“Hundreds of legs scurried across my skin. No, no, no….”



There was some romance, but I didn’t like that either, because again – you can’t touch the fae because they leach your life-force, so trying to have sex with one of them does not sound like a good idea.


“You’re taking advantage of them. Of me.”
“You? I couldn’t take advantage of you. You’re just as bad as I am.”




The end to this was okay, but more than anything I was relieved that it was over.
4 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment