Sunday, 28 June 2015

Red Nights by Shari J. Ryan

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Booktrope and NetGalley.
Red Nights
Blurb (from Goodreads):
I'm Felicity Stone, a twenty-five-year-old with my whole life ahead of me. Well, until recently. 


I didn't do it. Why would they think I did? Why would I want my twin brother dead? Why is everyone looking at me like I'm a criminal? 

Well, everyone except him... Hayes Peyton, the charmingly beautiful stranger I met in the park at midnight--a totally legitimate place to meet the man of my dreams. Plus, he knows I'm innocent.

Believing him is easy. So very easy. Maybe too easy?

But when you hear things like: 'All good is laced with some bad, and everything you think is the truth--is nothing more than a blatant lie,' it makes you question reality.

In Shari J. Ryan's latest Romantic Suspense, Red Nights, you wonder how dark your world can get before all you see is red.

Red Nights by Shari J. Ryan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Red Nights(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Booktrope and NetGalley.)

“Our heartbeats were both discovered at the same time. Now only one will remain.”



This was an adult romantic suspense story, about a suspected arsonist.

I felt quite sorry for Felicity in this story, it was awful the way she lost both her home and her brother in a fire, and it was easy to see why she found it difficult to trust anybody after finding out it was arson.

“The pain will never go away, but you’ll become so used to it that you learn how to live with it.”



The storyline in this was about finding out who had burned down Felicity’s home, and why. There seemed to be a few different suspects, and although I guessed a couple of the twists, there were also a couple that I didn’t guess.

“Last night, I was trying to tell you who I caught her with in the freezer. I was hoping when you fired her, she would come clean. However, considering that you’re still defending her, I guess she didn’t.”



There was some romance, and a few sex scenes, and I was glad that Felicity had someone to lean on.

“He makes me forget.
Everything.”




The ending to this was good, and I liked that Felicity was reasonably happy, we were left with the threat that things weren’t really over though, so I wonder if there will be a follow-up book coming after this one at some point.



6.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment