Thursday, 4 June 2015

Crave (Undone #1) by Jennifer Dawson

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Jennifer Dawson and NetGalley.
Crave (Undone, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
I vow. I crave. I give in.

I used to be a nice, normal girl. I had dreams. Good, happy dreams of a white picket fence, 2.5 kids, and a fairytale love that lasts forever. Nobody ever warned me that sometimes, the prince dies three weeks before the wedding.

Like any addict, I swear this time is the last….

Now, I go through my days, a shadow of my former self. I pretend I’m okay, and the people in my life pretend to believe me. But, sometimes, when I can no longer stand the craving, I roam an underground sex club looking for my next hit. It’s dirty and wrong, but I can’t stop, and my only line of defense between them and me, is the rules I’ve designed to keep me safe. The men always abide by my rules. Until I meet him.

And, like any addict, I’m wrong.

I don’t question the instincts that tell me to run. One look at him, standing there, power radiating off him in waves, tells me all I need to know. He will make me crave those happy dreams I’ve left behind. And that is not an option.


Crave by Jennifer Dawson

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Crave (Undone, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Jennifer Dawson and NetGalley.)

“I don’t want to obey. I want to fight.”



This was a sexy erotic romance, and I really liked Michael!

I felt quite sorry for Layla in this story, to lose her fiancée the way she did must have been awful, and I understood the way she didn’t want to reconnect with the world after all she had been through.

“I am a total, fucked-up mess. Sometimes I barely make it through the day.”



Michael was a great character! Strong, alpha-male, pulling Layla back from the brink and forcing her to feel again. I totally loved him!

“The chemistry between us is so strong it crackles like electricity.”



The storyline in this was pretty good, and I liked that we were keep on hold wondering what had really happened the night of Layla’s fiancée’s death, and why she felt so guilty about it.

“This isn’t about sex. This is about surrender. To him. To myself. To the possibility of what we may become.”



There was obviously a lot of romance in this book, and Michael and Layla made such a hot couple! The sex scenes were seriously steamy, and I liked that they weren’t normal vanilla sex, and were a little bit different.

“I want him. More than I’ve wanted anyone in a long time.”



The ending to this was pretty good, and we got a good twists thrown in towards the end as well. I was really glad we got a happy ending though.



7 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. Great review Sarah, I loved Michael too. I am loving all the images they fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete