Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Some Kind of Normal by Juliana Stone

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Juliana Stone, SOURCEBOOKS Fire, and NetGalley.
Some Kind of Normal
Blurb (from Goodreads):
What is Normal?

For Trevor normal was fast guitar licks, catching game-winning passes and partying all night. Until a car accident leaves Trevor with no band, no teammates and no chance of graduating. It's kinda hard to ace your finals when you've been in a coma. The last thing he needs is stuck-up Everly Jenkins as his new tutor—those beautiful blue eyes catching every last flaw.

For Everly normal was a perfect family around the dinner table, playing piano at Sunday service and sunning by the pool. Until she discovers her whole life is a lie. Now the perfect pastor's daughter is hiding a life-changing secret, one that is slowly tearing her family apart. And spending the summer with notorious flirt Trevor Lewis means her darkest secret could be exposed.



Some Kind of Normal by Juliana Stone

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Some Kind of Normal(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Juliana Stone, SOURCEBOOKS Fire, and NetGalley.)

“The only thing worse than being stuck in Twin Oaks for the summer without my best buddy, Nathan, is being stuck in Twin Oaks for the summer and having to spend most of it with Everly Jenkins.”



This was a YA contemporary romance about a boy with a traumatic brain injury.

I liked both Everly and Trevor in this story, and I felt sorry for both of them at points. What Everly was having to deal with with regards to her father was awful, and her home life was pretty poor because of it.

“I hate pretending. But most of all, I hate him for what he’s done to my family. Him. My father.
I love my father.
I hate my father.
How screwed up is that?”




I thought that Trevor was a little stupid to make the choice that he did which led to his brain injury, but it was sad that he’d lost so much because of one stupid mistake.

“I was invincible. I had goals and dreams, and I was damn close to getting them.
Until I wasn’t.
Until a night went so wrong that I ended up in a coma, and by the time I came out of it, months had passed.”




The storyline in this was good, and followed Everly and Trevor as they tried to wrk through some difficult aspects of their life, as well as getting to know each other better and falling in love. Even though the journey wasn’t easy or straightforward, this pair made a really cute couple, and it was obvious how much they loved each other.

“He moved closer, until there was only a whisper between us. I could smell his cologne, a light scent of woods and something else I couldn’t put my finger on. But it was nice. It was more than nice. It was amazing.”



The ending to this was good, and even though things might have not been a perfect ‘happily ever after’, they were close, and it was obvious that Everly and Trevor were together for good.
8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment