Sunday, 24 May 2015

Skeletal by Katherine Hayton

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Katherine Hayton and NetGalley.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
Three months before she died Daina Harrow faced a bully at school. Six weeks before she died Daina Harrow suffered an assault in the park. One week before she died Daina Harrow stole a secret people had killed to hide. That was ten years ago. Ten long years. Now, her bones have been found on a building site. A coroner's inquest has been reopened. A parade of witnesses is about to start. And Daina's here. Watching every day as her mother cries in the courtroom. Watching every day as her friends, and her enemies, and her killers lie about her on the stand. Watching, and making sure that no matter what the coroner hears, you know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help you God.

Skeletal by Katherine Hayton

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars


Skeletal(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Katherine Hayton and NetGalley.)

A blow across the face shut me up. And then Uncle Charles’ face softened. “Oh, honey I’m sorry. You just got me riled when you don’t pay attention.”



This was an okay story, but I lost interest.

I felt really sorry for Daina in this book, it seemed like everyone treated her like trash, without even knowing her, and the way her mother treated her was even worse! To not even bother to make sure that her daughter was fed and safe was just disgusting behaviour.

The storyline in this bounced between the court proceedings following Daina’s death, and the story of Daina’s life leading up to her death, and the way that nobody seemed to care about her, and the way she was bullied was so upsetting! I really felt so sorry for the poor girl, and I really would have hoped that she had someone in the world who cared about her, but it really didn’t seem that way at all.

This book did start to drag a bit in the middle though, and I got bored. I wanted to know who had killed Daina and why, but it just dragged and dragged, and very little seemed to be happening other than Daina’s life continuing to be poo. The rape scenes in this book were also not very nice.

The ending to this was okay, but it was sad that Daina obviously died.
5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment