Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Forever (The Abandoned #1) by Eric Marier


Blurb (From Goodreads):
Rich, popular Kate Hewitt destroys lives at Sussex High. Mute, violent Kev Anderwaith hasn't been to school in months. On the day Kev does return, Kate is shocked when the overgrown, social outcast sits next to her in class and claims they've both lived previous lives, and keep finding each other, throughout the centuries, falling in love every time.

Forever by Eric Marier

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Forever (The Abandoned #1)Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

“It doesn’t matter who I am. It just matters who you are. Years ago… before you were born… you were my mother.”



This was a story about a teenage mean girl, and reincarnation.

The main character in this book, Kate, was an absolute Grade A. mean girl. She would have eaten Regina George for breakfast and then complained that she was too chewy. Practically every word out of her mouth was hateful, every thought she had was purely selfish, and she couldn’t even be civil to her own mother!

“Are you a farmer or something? You seem like you’re straight off a pile of cow-plop.”



The storyline in this revolved around mean girl Kate, and another boy at school (who she thought was scum), and a shared problem with an old man who thought they were his reincarnated parents, and some sort of supernatural thing that was going on.

“Christ, this guy’s going to try to make me believe I was a farmer’s wife. This is so f*cked.”



There was some romance, although Kate really did not want to admit that she liked this boy who was supposed to be her soul-mate at all. I was quite surprised when she actually started to act like she cared though, as it seemed really out of character!

“She kissed him, wanting to protect him from all hurt.”



The ending to this was pretty good, and I liked that we got a bit of action. I also liked the little surprise twist at the end.
7 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Yay I love mean girl books.... because I'm weird like that. This sounds really interesting. I don't think I've ever read a reincarnation book before, so it might be something to try!

    ReplyDelete