Saturday, 18 April 2015

Zali Luna: Movie Star by Emma Jamvold

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Emma Jamvold.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
Sixteen-year-old school girl Zali Luna has just been cast in her first Very Big Movie. But while going to Sydney and working with her gorgeous, world famous co-star Oliver Lamond is a dream come, Zali also has a very big problem. She's pretty sure that she's the only sixteen-year-old girl in the world who hasn't been kissed, and soon she's going to have to kiss Oliver on screen. Zali's determined to get some kissing practice in before the big day, but there's her malicious rival, child star Emma Small to contend with, and then there's Harry, who may have feelings for Zali that go deeper than just friendship.

Zali Luna: Movie Star by Emma Jamvold

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Zali Luna: Movie Star(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Emma Jamvold.)

“It will be my first ever kiss. How embarrassing. Forever-immortalised on film, for anyone to see.”



This was a cute story about a teen’s first experience of being a movie star.

Zali was really energetic and enthusiastic, and she seemed to be having a great time, even when she was worrying about certain aspects of the movie.

“Tomorrow I meet Oliver Lamond!”



I liked the storyline in this, and it was good that we got to see both the positive and negative sides to the movie making process. I could understand how stressful it was for Zali to think about her first ever kiss being filmed and on record for all eternity, but I also thought that her plans to maybe get someone else to kiss her first could have ended up being absolutely disastrous!

“If Harry likes me, then maybe I can get him to kiss me, before I have to kiss Oliver.”



There was some romance in this one, but things definitely got complicated by Zali’s crush on her co-star!

The ending to this was sweet, although it left me wondering if there would be another book about Zali in the works.
6 out of 10


1 comment:

  1. Aww...I was hoping you'd be able to get out of your 3-star slump. :(

    ReplyDelete