Sunday, 12 April 2015

The Right Notes by C.S. Moore

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author C. S. Moore.
The Right Notes
Mya’s one and only long-term relationship taught her not to trust — and she was a quick learner. Never one to make the same mistake twice, she knew that no one could hurt her behind the barriers she put up. She felt nothing and preferred it that way. Mya’s life was fine — just fine. Until Asher Dawson, the most notorious rock star in the world, came crashing into her life. One day with him and her walls came tumbling down...

But how could she take a chance on him, of all people? He was a known bad-boy and she had been burnt before. His past was littered with terrible decisions that he revealed with unrepentant honesty… But he would tell her nothing about his origins, or how he came to be in foster care along with what would later become his band mates. Dark secrets aside, Asher made her heart sing. Emotion restored and heart on the line, would her choice end in disaster for them both?


The Right Notes by C.S. Moore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Right Notes(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author C. S. Moore.)

“I want to be more for you. I want to be more than who I am or who I’ve been. I’ve mad enough mistakes in my life, and I don’t want to make one with you.”



This was a new adult contemporary romance, about a girl and a sexy rock star!

Mya had been hurt before by her awful ex-boyfriend Josh, and I felt really sorry for her because of it; he treated her like dirt, and cared only about money, which was a horrible thing to do to her.
Asher had also had a difficult childhood, and I felt really sorry for everything he had had to go through as a child, and he was really lucky to have had such a supportive foster family.

“I remember it like it was yesterday – this beautiful boy with sad dark eyes immediately found his way into my heart.”



The storyline in this was mainly about the romance, and Asher and Mya made a cute couple. Mya wasn’t the sort of girl to throw herself at a guy, and she wasn’t swayed by Asher’s money or fame which was nice to see. The romance in this built slowly and believably, and this was a pretty clean story, with sex behind closed doors.

“Mya bit her lip. She wanted to kiss him so badly it hurt, but she wasn’t ready for more than a kiss, and she didn’t know if she’d be able to stop herself there.”



The ending to this was good, although it seems clear that we should hear more from this pair in the future, I have to say that I really disliked Asher’s foster brother Paul though, as he seemed to have really thrown a spanner in the works for Asher and Mya!
7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment