Friday, 10 April 2015

The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2) by Lori M. Lee

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Amazon Children's Publishing, and NetGalley.
The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The walls of Ninurta keep its citizens safe.

Kai always believed the only danger to the city came from within. Now, with a rebel force threatening the fragile government, the walls have become more of a prison than ever.

To make matters worse, as Avan explores his new identity as an Infinite, Kai struggles to remind him what it means to be human. And she fears her brother, Reev, is involved with the rebels. With the two people she cares about most on opposite sides of a brewing war, Kai will do whatever it takes to bring peace. But she’s lost her power to manipulate the threads of time, and she learns that a civil war might be the beginning of something far worse that will crumble not only Ninurta’s walls but also the entire city.

In this thrilling sequel to Gates of Thread and Stone, Kai must decide how much of her humanity she’s willing to lose to protect the only family she’s ever known.


The Infinite by Lori M. Lee

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Amazon Children's Publishing, and NetGalley.)

This book was slightly better than the first one, but I still didn't love it.

I did feel a little sorry for Kai in this book because it appeared that she had lost her powers, but I was a little surprised that she wasn't more worried about it! She seemed to just shrug and accept it, which seemed a bit weird.

The storyline in this wasn't as bad as the first book, but I still didn't love it. I did notice some info-dumping, and I did get a little bored in places, but I didn't hate it.
There was a bit of romance, but I can't say it really interested me all that much.

The ending to this was okay, but it was obvious that there would be another book to tie things up. I might consider reading it, but it won't be a priority.
6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment