Friday, 3 April 2015

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
A tragic accident. It all happened so quickly. She couldn't have prevented it. Could she? In a split second, Jenna Gray's world descends into a nightmare. Her only hope of moving on is to walk away from everything she knows to start afresh. Desperate to escape, Jenna moves to a remote cottage on the Welsh coast, but she is haunted by her fears, her grief and her memories of a cruel November night that changed her life forever. Slowly, Jenna begins to glimpse the potential for happiness in her future. But her past is about to catch up with her, and the consequences will be devastating...

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I Let You Go(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley.)

I did not like this book.

I felt really sorry for Jacob’s mother at the beginning, it would be absolutely the worst thing ever to see your child killed like that, but unfortunately after that the book just went downhill.

The pace was too slow; I lost interest and didn’t really care what was happening. I felt like the point of view kept changing and I got confused, and I also guessed the twist. By the end of the book I was just desperate for it to end!
3.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment