Sunday, 26 April 2015

Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy #2) by Sally Green

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Penguin Random House UK Children’s and NetGalley.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
"You will have a powerful Gift, but it’s how you use it that will show you to be good or bad." In a modern-day England where two warring factions of witches live amongst humans, seventeen-year-old Nathan is an abomination, the illegitimate son of the world's most powerful and violent witch. Nathan is hunted from all sides: nowhere is safe and no one can be trusted. Now, Nathan has come into his own unique magical Gift, and he's on the run--but the Hunters are close behind, and they will stop at nothing until they have captured Nathan and destroyed his father.

Half Wild by Sally Green

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Penguin Random House UK Children’s and NetGalley.)



Well, this was another of those books that I should really have read the first in the series before requesting the second.

I honestly didn’t understand this book. I didn’t get what was going on or why, and I didn’t care. The writing was once again unusual…

“You bow your head and the rain runs off you, rivulets of red, to join the mud and the blood around you.”

The story was kind-of disgusting in places…

“I eat small animals mainly, though I don’t remember catching them. But I know it’s happening cos there’re little bones in my vomit and rags of furry skins and blood. There was a tail once.”

Just yuck.

I got confused, I got bored, I had no idea what was happening, and it just didn’t seem to get better he further into it I got. I really didn’t enjoy this book, and I really don’t want to read the third one. This series is really not for me.



4 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment