Monday, 6 April 2015

Enlightened: Evaline's Journey by Lauren Eckhardt (

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Lauren Eckhardt.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
Evaline has come to realize ever since her abduction, most days are going to be bad. A fatal accident allows her to escape and find the life she has always dreamed about but never knew could possibly exist. With the help of the Sun and a multitude of other extraordinary characters, she's taken through incredible lands that help her discover who she is and the greatness and beauty of life's potential. Based off of similar events and exaggerated versions of characters in the author's own coming of age experiences, Enlightened examines the choices and strength in becoming the very best version of yourself.

Enlightened: Evaline's Journey by Lauren Eckhardt

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Enlightened: Evaline's Journey(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Lauren Eckhardt)

“How do I get back to where I came from?”



This was an entertaining middle-grade story, and I liked the Alice-in-Wonderland feel.

I liked Evaline, and I liked the way she thought about other people first, and attached value to things. It was nice that she immediately felt like the bobble-headed woman was being very rude, and nice that she could pick the good people from the bad.

“After several quiet minutes of Bobblehead Haras evaluating Evaline’s faded yellow sundress and brown tattered Mary Jane shoes, she finally declared, “You are not good enough for this town.””



The storyline in this was good, and I liked Evaline’s journey, and the imagination in the different places that she travelled to and the different people she met.

“I am searching for my home. Or, maybe not my home, but a place I can call home.”



The ending ot this was a little different, but it was a satisfying ending. I thought it was good that we were left knowing that Evaline would have a happy future.
7 out of 10

“All I want is to find a place I feel safe and happy… I want to find a real home.”



No comments:

Post a Comment