Sunday, 29 March 2015

The Scavengers (After the Apocalypse #1) by Gen Griffin


Blurb (from Goodreads):
It has been 28 years, 14 weeks and 9 days since a virus had turned more than half of the world's human population into zombies. More than 95 percent of the population died within 6 months of the initial infection. Those who survived holed up wherever they could find safety. My parents found their safety in the Cube, a building that was originally built as a prison for violent criminals. Mom and Dad have always told me the sacrifices we made to live in the Cube were worth it because we were safe. Its been 13 days, 12 hours and 42 minutes since my parents disappeared without a trace from our apartment inside the Cube. I'm going to leave the Cube for the first time today. Maybe I'll find my parents. Maybe, I'll be eaten by the zombies.

The Scavengers by Gen Griffin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The ScavengersDownloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

“I shuddered hard but it did nothing to dislodge the growing suspicion that everything I’d thought I’d known about the world outside the Cube was wrong.”



This book had a bit of a slow patch at the beginning, but did get better as it went along.

Pilar was an okay character, although she did seem maybe a bit naïve. It was brave of her to stand up and ask what had happened to her parents though, even if the explanations were lies.

“It’s been 13 days, 12 hours, and 42 minutes since my parents disappeared without a trace from our apartment inside the Cube.
In two hours, I was going to leave the cube for the very first time in my life.”




The storyline in this followed the scavengers as they went out scavenging through zombie territory, looking for canned food, and trying to fix their truck. Some of the characters died, some of them turned out to be complete nutcases, and some of them were killed by said nutcases!

“Connor was laying on the ground at Kennedy’s feet with his arm ripped off his baody. The arm was laying in the dirt next to the bus.”



The ending to this was a bit of a cliff-hanger, as although some things were revealed, lots of things weren’t resolved. It will be interesting to find out what happens to Pilar next.
6.5 out of 10


1 comment:

  1. I think...I'll pass. The Walking Dead traumatized me quite enough.

    ReplyDelete