Saturday, 14 March 2015

Red (Entangled Teen) by Alyxandra Harvey

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
Bad girls burn hot… Red is the color of Kia Alcott's hair. It's her temper, which blazes hot and always gets Kia into way too much trouble. And it's the color of fire. Fires that Kia can start…just by thinking about them. When her latest “episode” gets her kicked out of school, Kia is shipped off to her grandmother, who works for the wealthy Blackwoods. It's an estate shrouded in secrets, surrounded by rules, and presided over by a family that is far from normal…including the gorgeous and insolent Ethan Blackwood. Ethan knows far more about the dangers of the forest surrounding the estate than Kia can ever imagine. For this forest has teeth, and Ethan is charged with protecting the outside world from its vicious mysteries. But inside, even the most vibrant shade of red doesn't stand a chance against the dark secrets of the Blackwood family…

Red by Alyxandra Harvey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Red (Entangled Teen)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“Everyone thought I’d started the fire on purpose. And there was no use in trying to convince them otherwise. They’d never believe the truth.”



This was a good YA paranormal romance, with some weird paranormal creatures in it.

I liked Kia, even if she did seem to have a talent for getting in trouble! I felt quite sorry for her in the way she kept accidentally setting fire to things, and having to move in with her grandmother and change schools couldn’t have been easy.

“I’d learned I didn’t need kindling – I was kindling.”



The storyline in this was pretty good, and I liked that we got some really weird paranormal creatures in here like Wendigo’s and Phooka’s!

“The more magic you used to keep monsters away, the more monsters were drawn to you.”



There was a bit of romance, and I thought Ethan and Kia were a really cute couple, even if Ethan’s father would never have allowed the relationship.

“His mouth was every kind of sweet drink and every bite of dessert I’d ever had.”



The ending to this was pretty good, and I liked that we got some action!
7.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment