Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Pretty Wanted (Pretty Crooked #3) by Elisa Ludwig

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.
Pretty Wanted
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Willa’s string of good-hearted but ill-conceived thefts at her former high school catapulted her into a life she hardly knows. She became a cult hero, but soon afterward, her mom disappeared, leaving only a cryptic message. When Willa hit the California highway to find her, she discovered a dark family secret: Joanne Fox is not who she says she is-and neither is Willa. Now, Willa and fellow trouble-maker Aidan must race to St. Louis, Missouri, Willa’s birthplace. There, they hope to find answers about Willa’s past. But uncovering the truth requires solving a decades-old murder case.

Unfortunately, the perps are still out there . . . and willing to do whatever it takes to keep the case cold. With Willa’s face on the nightly news and the police hot on her trail, it might not matter that Aidan and her friend Tre are there to help. Willa’s only hope is to find the truth before it finds her first.


Pretty Wanted by Elisa Ludwig

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Pretty Wanted(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.)

This was a really good end to the series, and in my opinion the best book in the trilogy.

I liked Willa in this, she still made some silly decisions, but she seemed a little more mature, and thought about things a bit more rather than acting quite so impulsively. I think Aidan helped with this a bit though, as he seemed a little more sensible in this book too.

The storyline in this was pretty good, and I liked that we got a bit of action! I liked the mystery element, and I liked how it wasn’t easy to find out what had really happened to Willa’s mother.
There was a touch of romance, but not a lot, although the story didn’t suffer for that.

The ending was good and I was really pleased that things worked out for Willa, and that she finally had all the answers she needed. I really did like this book most out of the three, and I’m pleased that I continued with this series.
Overall; good end to the series,
7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment