Thursday, 19 March 2015

Lark Singer (Starlight Chronicles #2) by Lisa Orchard

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Lia Orchard.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
Lark Singer is seventeen years old and already on the way to a brilliant music career. As she and her band, Starlight, gear-up for an upcoming, life-changing band competition, though, life seems to be throwing her a few curve balls. The mysteries of her past seem to be unraveling, and she’s no longer certain she wants to know those answers, or how knowing about her past will affect her difficult relationship with her mother. And when her best friend, Bean, changes things between them, all her plans for a musical future are placed in jeopardy. How can she balance her unraveling personal life to keep her musical goals on track?

Lark Singer by Lisa Orchard

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Lark Singer (Starlight Chronicles #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Lia Orchard.)

“Don’t worry, Francine. No one in the band does drugs.”



This was a good second instalment, and I was so excited to finally find out who Lark’s father was!

“I’ll tell you the whole story, but you’ve got to promise me that you will not contact him in any way.”



Lark was once again very stubborn and headstrong in this book, she knew what she wanted, and she was determined to get it, both in relation to finding her father, and winning the American Singer contest. I was a bit upset at the way she once again lied to her mother, and I really wanted her to support her mother more, after all she had given up for her. She was at the end of the day a teenager though, so it’s probably wishful thinking!

“I know you’re lying.”

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

The storyline in this once again revolved around Lark trying to find out who her father really was, and practicing for the American Singer contest. The storyline concerning Bean and his possibly drug habit was gone into in much more detail, and I could see how hard it was for Lark to see her best friend lie to her the way he did. Bean’s behaviour in this book really was shocking!
There was a touch of romance in this, although it also had a bit of a sting to it…

“He stares deep into my eyes and I swear he can see right into my soul. Then he kisses me.”



The ending to this was good, and I was so happy that we got to find out who Lark’s father is! Everybody who read book 1 and wondered about his identity should really pick this up to find out, because it really is revealed at the end of this book!

“Well. The answer to your questions is…” She pauses and tears fill her eyes. “Yes.”

Overall; Lark’s life is no song and dance as her father’s identity is revealed!!
7.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment