Thursday, 26 March 2015

Conspiracy Girl by Sarah Alderson

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Simon and Schuster UK Children's and NetGalley.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
Everybody knows about the Cooper Killings – the Bel Air home invasion that rocked the nation. There was only one survivor - a sixteen year-old girl. And though the killers were caught they walked free. Now eighteen, Nic Preston - the girl who survived - is trying hard to rebuild her life. She’s security conscious to the point of paranoia and her only friend is a French Mastiff bulldog, but she’s making progress. She’s started college in New York and has even begun dating. But then one night her apartment is broken into and the life Nic’s worked so hard to create is shattered in an instant. Finn Carter - hacker, rule breaker, player – is the last person Nic ever wants to see again. He’s the reason her mother’s killers walked free from court. But as the people hunting her close in, Nic has to accept that her best and possibly only chance of staying alive is by keeping close to Finn and learning to trust the person she’s sworn to hate. Fleeing across a snowbound New England, frantically trying to uncover the motive behind the murders, Nic and Finn come to realize the conspiracy is bigger than they could ever have suspected. But the closer they get to the truth and the closer they get to each other, the greater the danger becomes. To survive she has to stay close to him. To keep her safe he has to keep his distance.

Conspiracy Girl by Sarah Alderson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Conspiracy Girl(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Simon and Schuster UK Children's and NetGalley.)

This was an okay story, but I just had trouble concentrating on it!

Nic was a bit of an irritating character at times. She seemed a little full of herself, didn’t help when she could have at times, and didn’t even apologise when her dog pooped on someone’s carpet!

The storyline in this wasn’t bad, but I just found it really hard to keep focus on. Even the action couldn’t keep me interested, and I just found myself zoning out all the time. I cared less and less about what was going on the further I got into the book, and even the romance didn’t appeal to me.

The ending was alright, and I hadn’t guessed who it was who was trying to kill Nic, that might just have been because I had such problems paying attention though.
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment