Thursday, 19 February 2015

Unseen (Unborn #2) by Amber Lynn Natusch

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Amazon Publishing and Netgalley.

Blurb (from Goodreads):
 
Welcome to the Kingdom of Hades, where even its prodigal princess sleeps lightly.

After fighting Soul Stealers in Detroit, Khara hoped to return home to find answers in her father's realm. But the land of the dead offers little information, and far too much tragedy. Now cut off from her brothers, and left only with her dark and unreliable companion Oz, Khara must navigate the centuries-old webs of deceit and betrayal, all while eluding the Underworld's most depraved inhabitant. But she soon finds an unexpected ally in her adopted sister Persephone. Together, they endeavor to right a terrible wrong. And as Khara soon discovers, there's more riding on her success than she ever thought possible.


 

Unseen by Amber Lynn Natusch

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Unseen (Unborn, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Amazon Publishing and Netgalley.)

“I would do anything for you, my princess, you know this. But I cannot let you leave,” he whispered, leaning in closer. “Your soul belongs to me.”



This was an enjoyable story, but I did get very confused and bored at points.

Khara was a strong character, and she seemed to be willing to do anything to get what she wanted, especially when it was her brothers in danger.

“What had originally been a mission to return home and acquire the knowledge of my past quickly transformed into one of saving Drew at any and all costs.”



The storyline in this was okay, but I did get very bored and confused at points. I’m not sure why, but I found this quite difficult to follow, I found the first book a bit difficult to understand as well though so I might just not be suited to this author’s writing style.

“Like angering a dark one.” He punctuated his statement by standing and snapping his wings wide.
“Is that what I have done?” I asked, uncurling from my seated position to stand against him.
“Not yet…”
I leaned in closer to him.
“Then I shall try harder next time.”




The ending to this was okay, but once again I found myself a bit confused. The story was enjoyable overall though.
6.25 out of 10

“You will not die,” he said, barely restraining the anger that clearly coursed through him as well. “But as your father has told you before, there are fates worse than death.”



No comments:

Post a Comment