Friday, 27 February 2015

Thoughtful (Thoughtless #1.5) by S.C. Stephens - Blog Tour!


Sponsored post: I received a digital copy and a finished copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Clara Diaz, Little, Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley.

Blub (from Goodreads):
A new novel in the Thoughtless series from #1 New York Times bestselling author S. C. Stephens! Every story has two sides, and in this new book, the epic love story between Kiera and Kellan is shown through his eyes. All Kellan Kyle needs is his guitar, and some clean sheets of paper. Growing up in a house that was far from a home, he learned a hard lesson: You're worthless. Now his life is comfortably filled with passionate music, loyal band mates, and fast women...until he meets her. Kiera makes him ache for more. Makes him feel for the first time that he's worth more. But there's one problem - she's his best friend's girl. Just when Kellan thought his emotional defenses were rock solid, Kiera's indecisive heart wreaks havoc on his soul, changing him forever. Losing Kiera is not an option.


Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Thoughtful (Thoughtless, #1.5)(Source: I received a digital copy and a finished copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Clara Diaz, Little, Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley.)

“I saw hundreds of girls every night, some plain, some beautiful enough to be highly sought-after cover models, but this girl… even seeing her through a crowd, there was something about her that sang to me.”



This was a sexy contemporary romance, and it was really good to hear Kellan’s side of the story.

I really liked Kellan in this story, unlike Kiera he seemed to feel guilty about their affair, and it was obvious how much he was in love with her.
Kiera on the other hand kept flitting from Kellan’s bed to Denny’s, didn’t seem to see anything wrong with this, and kept continually hurting Kellan, as if she couldn’t see how much he loved her, and how much her having sex with Denny hurt him!

“Denny was home. He was here, in my house, screwing the girl I’d just made love to. My girl. No… his girl.”



The storyline in this was pretty much the same as in Thoughtless, only from Kellan’s side. We once again got the flirting, the passion and heat, and of course the cheating. I really hated the way Kiera cheated, even though I knew how the story ended, and because she kept going back and forth between Kellan and Denny, it was like she was cheating on both of them!

“I loved her? Loved. As in, I couldn’t live without her, and I didn’t want anybody else? Crap, that felt so right. But I couldn’t actually be in love with her. Could I?”



Kiera and Kellan definitely had passion and heat in this story though, and the sex scenes were seriously hot! This pair could set fire to the pages just be looking at each other!

“She swivelled her hips, desperate for more. “Please, Kellen… take me to your room. Please. Oh God… please,” she whispered.”



The ending to this had some ups and downs the same as the rest of the story, but it was a good ending. I had forgotten some of what happened, so I was a little surprised at points, but I was really happy with the way things ended. This story really makes me want to re-read the books in the series!
8 out of 10


About the Author:

S. C. Stephens


S.C. Stephens is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who enjoys spending every free moment she has creating stories that are packed with emotion and heavy on romance.

Her debut novel, Thoughtless, an angst-filled love triangle charged with insurmountable passion and the unforgettable Kellan Kyle, took the literary world by storm. Amazed and surprised by the response to the release of Thoughtless in 2009, more stories were quick to follow. Stephens has been writing nonstop ever since.

In addition to writing, Stephens enjoys spending lazy afternoons in the sun reading fabulous novels, loading up her iPod with writer's block reducing music, heading out to the movies, and spending quality time with her friends and family. She currently resides in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with her two equally beautiful children.




Follow the blog tour!



1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the others in series but getting the perspective of Kellan sounds like a good read

    ReplyDelete