Sunday, 1 February 2015

Stone Faced Angel (Stone Angels, #1) by Marie McKean

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Marie McKean and NetGalley.
Stone Faced Angel (Stone Angels, #1)

Blurb (from Goodreads):
There are some things I know for sure:

1. I died . . . a long time ago
2. Even in death I was always aware of him.
3. Love has a way of making even angels choose to leave their heaven above.
  

Stone Faced Angel by Marie McKean

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Stone Faced Angel (Stone Angels, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Marie McKean and NetGalley.)
17-year-old Maura wakes in a cemetery with no memories other than knowing her own name. Taken in by a kindly stranger called Leona, Maura must try to find out what happened to her and who she really is.
Who is Maura really? And why does she feel such a connection to Leona’s grandson Brandon?

This was an okay angel story, with a very sad ending.

Maura was quite an innocent girl, she seemed to cope quite well with not knowing who she was, and seemed grateful to Leona for taking her in. I did think that she came across as a little naïve at points though.
Brandon irritated me a little in the prologue which was from his point of view, as his monologue bored me a bit. He was a bit better during the rest of the book, but I still didn’t love him.

The storyline in this was okay, although at points I found it hard to believe. I did find that the book didn’t hold my attention all that well, and the pace felt a little slow too. I tried to like it, but found it hard.
There was some romance, although I wasn’t really all that into that either.

The ending was possibly the best part of the book for me, although it was very sad for poor Maura. It seems like life isn’t going to be easy for her, or those that she loves.
Overall; okay angel story,
6 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment