Monday, 2 February 2015

Soulprint by Megan Miranda

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley.
Soulprint
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Alina Chase has spent her entire life in confinement. With the science of soul-printing now a reality, she is 'protected' for her own safety – and the safety of others – because her soul has done terrible things ... or so she's told. When Alina finally breaks out of prison, helped by a group of people with unclear motives, she begins to uncover clues left by her past life that only she can decipher. And she may not be as innocent as she once believed. Can Alina change her future, or is she fated to repeat her past and face the consequences? Perfect for fans of Sophie McKenzie.

Soulprint by Megan Miranda

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Soulprint(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley.)

This was an okay sci-fi story, but it dragged.

I felt quite sorry for Alina and her parents. It was awful the way the government took away her freedom and family because of something that she had no control over. It must have been awful for her parents to realise that their daughter would never know freedom or a normal life.

The storyline in this was okay, but the pace was too slow for me. I felt like the book was twice as long as it actually was, and kept checking and rechecking the percentage read in the corner of the kindle. I did like eventually finding out what had been going on, and why June was in trouble in the first place, but it felt like it took a long time to get there.
There was some romance, but it didn’t really interest me. There wasn’t a lot of it though.

The ending was okay, but I was just glad to get there to be honest. I didn’t really enjoy this to be overall.
6 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree that it did drag for me. At least for the first 1/2. I felt like I was waiting for something to happen. I also felt like they got out of sticky situations a little too easily for my taste. But in the end I really did like it. I would love for an epilogue or short story to see what happens after.

    ReplyDelete