Friday, 20 February 2015

Reborn (Born #3) by Tara Brown

Blurb (from Goodreads):
Twenty years ago a man made a child he never intended to love. Ten years ago the world ended and Emma turned her back on the man she believed was her father...in an attempt to survive. Eight weeks ago she discovered the truth about her family, including the sister she never knew existed. Last week she had her heart broken by the one man she never imagined giving it to. Yesterday she turned her back on those she cared for in an attempt to help them survive. Today she plans on hunting two men to the ends of the broken earth. Not to save the world. Not to make the world a better place. Tomorrow... she plans on getting revenge.


Reborn by Tara Brown

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Reborn (Born, #3)“I know. You’ll kill me and gut me like a fish, and burn me, and drag me behind a horse in the field. I’ve seen it Emma – you’re badass.”



This was a good end to the series, but I was a little upset by some of the deaths!

Emma was unfeeling at points in this book, and once again I was a little shocked by the number of people she killed, and the fact that she felt the deaths justifiable. I know it’s a harsh world that they’re living in, but the way she felt nothing as she went around slitting throats was a little worrying at times.

“We made an arrangement when we arrived, no one would be spared, regardless of what we found in those rooms.
I don’t think as I slide my blade against the first throat I find.
It’s just like the breeder farms; these are the ones who are against us. It’s us and them. It always was.”




The storyline in this was good, and I did like the way things went, I was a little upset about certain deaths though, there were just some people who I really didn’t want to die!

“I close my eyes too and rest my head on his chest. I don’t know how long I lie there, before I realise his chest doesn’t rise and fall anymore. The coarse sound of his breathing is gone.”



The ending to this was okay, and things were as good as they could be. I just wish that certain peole hadn’t died!



7 sad stars out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment