Monday, 12 January 2015

The Swans of the Silver Lake: A Fairy Tale by David Labinger, Jason Labinger, Roger Edge


The Swans of the Silver Lake: A Fairy Tale
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The princess Broken-hearted goes on a journey to save her father and her kingdom from the sadness and pain that has troubled them since the day she was born. With nothing but her wits and the gifts of a beautiful swan to aid her, can she complete her quest?
 

The Swans of the Silver Lake: A Fairy Tale by David Labinger

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


The Swans of the Silver Lake: A Fairy TaleDownloaded for free from amazon.co.uk

This was an interesting fairy tale that I hadn’t heard before. I originally thought this was a children’s book, but once I started I realised that it was far too long for my 4-year-old to pay attention to, so figured I’d just carry on reading by myself.


I thought it was pretty cruel of the king to name his daughter ‘Heart-Broken’ because that was how he felt about her. It wasn’t her fault that her mother died in childbirth, but thankfully Heart-Broken was a sweet enough girl that she made it work!


I did really like Heart-Broken, and she really did do her best for her kingdom, and fight valiantly to help her people. I liked the journey that she went on and what she learned along the way, and I thought the story was a pretty good fairy tale overall! And also, a new one!


The ending to this was joyful, but also had a bit of a bite! I didn’t really like what happened to poor Heart-Broken at the end!
6.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment