Thursday, 22 January 2015

The Prey (The Hatchery #1) by Tom Isbell

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.
The Prey (The Hatchery, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
A hot debut trilogy and a riveting story of survival, courage, and romance in a future where creating a master civilization is the only thing prized, no matter the method. After the Omega (the end of the end), 16 year old guys known as LTs discover their overseers are raising them not to be soldiers (lieutenants) as promised, but to be sold as bait because of their Less Than status and hunted for sport. They escape and join forces with a girls’ camp, the Sisters, who have been imprisoned and experimented on for the "good of the Republic," by a government eager to use twins in their dark research. In their plight for freedom, these heroes must find the best in themselves to fight against the worst in their enemies.

The Prey by Tom Isbell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Prey (The Hatchery, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.)

After reading the negative reviews for this book on Goodreads I nearly didn’t read it, but I’m so glad I did because I really enjoyed it!

I liked the characters in this book. Book always tried to help other people, Hope always looked out for her sister, and Cat hid a heart of gold under that rough exterior.

The storyline in this was good, and there was plenty of information for me to not feel confused. Admittedly we weren’t immediately told everything about what had happened, but I was glad of that because I didn’t want info dumps, instead we found out what had happened as we went along, and I appreciated that.

This book had lots of action and excitement, and I really liked it! I might be a bit of an adrenalin junkie I’ve discovered, so the constant danger and desperation, not to mention the escaping and battles etc. was enough to keep me happy and interested. At points I really didn’t want to put this down!

There was a touch of romance in this, but not a lot. What we did get was pretty sweet though, and I liked it.

The ending to this was good, even if the onward plan was a little risky. I really enjoyed this book though and I can’t wait to read the sequel!
Overall; really good dystopian adventure,
8 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment